DETROIT, Dec. 13, 2018 -- Ally Financial is showing its appreciation for its dealer customers this holiday season with a series of donations across the country targeted at dealership employees and communities facing adversity. In all, Ally will give approximately $50,000 to help dealership employees and communities overcome the impacts of hurricanes, fires, floods and other personal setbacks.
"We care about our dealers and these holiday gifts are a way to show we are here to support them," said Doug Timmerman, president of Ally Auto Finance. "For those dealers who have weathered particularly challenging circumstances, some extra support can boost the wellbeing of their employees, businesses and communities."
The holiday dealership donations being made by Ally this month include:
- Donations to the Salvation Army's Empty Stocking Fund in Panama City, Fla. on behalf of 13 area dealers to make the season brighter with food and gifts for families suffering losses from Hurricane Michael.
- Gift cards to cover holiday meals for approximately 50 dealership employees from five North Carolina dealerships who experienced significant home damage because of Hurricane Florence.
- A contribution to schools in Butte County, Calif. to help replenish supplies for students who have returned to the classroom following destruction caused by the Camp Fire wildfire. Many students are living in temporary housing.
- Gift cards for 25 employees at McGuire Auto Group of Little Falls, NJ, who were impacted when flash flooding in August caused severe damage to their homes and workplace.
- Contributions to employees and charities supported by Alma (Mich.) Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram following a fire that destroyed the dealership in November. Ally is donating to several local charities on behalf of the dealership, including Alma Salvation Army, Mid-Michigan Foster and Adoption Coalition, and Dalis to the Rescue pet rescue.
Ally's holiday dealer giving follows its "Banksgiving" campaign, in which Ally surprised bank customers who called the customer service line by granting their wishes big and small, whether it was a $25 gift card or an overseas trip to visit loved ones.
"Ultimately, we owe our success to our customers and this is about giving back to our dealer customers to show how much we appreciate them," Timmerman said. "Major life disruptions can make it more challenging to celebrate holiday traditions and we're hopeful these gifts will make a difference to these employees and communities as they overcome tough situations."
Giving back is inherent to Ally and its brand promise to "Do It Right." Ally designates November as Giving Back Month, when its employees support their local communities by donating time and money. Ally encourages employees to give back by offering eight hours of personal time off for volunteering – and Ally matches the volunteer time by giving a $25 donation to the employee's chosen charity for each hour volunteered. Last year Ally employees volunteered more than 17,000 hours and the company donated $800,000 through this program.
About Ally Financial Inc.
Ally Financial Inc. (NYSE: ALLY) is a leading digital financial services company with assets of $173.1 billion as of September 30, 2018. As a client-centric company with passionate customer service and innovative financial solutions, Ally is relentlessly focused on "Doing it Right" and being a trusted financial partner for its consumer, commercial, and corporate customers. Ally's award-winning online bank (Ally Bank, Member FDIC and Equal Housing Lender) offers mortgage-lending services and a variety of deposit and other banking products, including CDs, online savings, money market and checking accounts, and IRA products. Ally also promotes the Ally CashBack Credit Card. Additionally, Ally offers securities brokerage and investment advisory services through Ally Invest. Ally remains one of the largest full-service auto finance operations in the country with a complementary auto-focused insurance business, which together serve approximately 18,000 dealer customers and millions of auto consumers. Ally's robust corporate finance business offers capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
For more information and disclosures about Ally, visit https://www.ally.com/#disclosures.