Ally Financial's SmartAuction Launches Mobile App Designed with Dealer Input
Intuitive Technology Tailored For Busy Automotive Personnel
Jun 27, 2013
DETROIT, June 27, 2013 -- SmartAuction, Ally Financial's online used vehicle auction, launched a mobile app designed utilizing dealer input. Users can now search for vehicles, communicate with sellers, negotiate pricing and make bids over Android and Apple-based smartphones.
"By including dealers as part of the development team we were able to build an intuitive tool that enhances the SmartAuction online market and makes it easier for dealers to find the right vehicles for their markets," said Steve Kapusta, vice president of SmartAuction.
"Working in the automotive business means you're rarely sitting behind a desk," Kapusta added. "Our users told us they needed to be connected to our online market anytime, anywhere, and the new SmartAuction Mobile app delivers the solution to meet that challenge."
The SmartAuction mobile app includes the following features:
- Vehicle Search – Conduct basic and advanced searches (make, model, trim, year, drivetrain, etc.) and access saved searches from your profile.
- Search Results – Users can sort through specific vehicle criteria on their mobile device (i.e., guide book values, year-make-model, mileage, etc.) and results can be sorted based on preference.
- Vehicle Details – A wide variety of vehicle information is available, including: Interior and Exterior images, vehicle condition and damage disclosures, CARFAX and AutoCheck reports (as available), wholesale guide book values, vehicle equipment and accessory details, seller information, and promotion and incentive eligibility details.
- Communication Direct to Seller – Users can communicate with sellers on a vehicle directly from the mobile app.
- Bid List – Users can place bids directly from the mobile app, including placing an AutoBid, Buy Now or Make an Offer.
- Offers – Users have the ability to conduct private, one-on-one negotiation directly between the buyer and seller. Users can also view and respond to pending offers as a buyer or seller.
- Vehicle Posting Updates – Vehicle sellers can update the vehicle price and auction status of a posting directly from the mobile app.
"Continuously improving the customer experience is what allows us to remain a leading resource for dealers and consignors. We're very excited to begin offering SmartAuction Mobile to our customers across the country," Kapusta said.
Registered SmartAuction users can download the app online at the Apple Store or the Android Google Play store.
Launched in 2000, more than 4 million vehicles have been sold through SmartAuction since its inception. More than 15,000 vehicles are listed on the online auction site daily representing more than 55 vehicle makes and 20 recreational vehicle and motorcycle makes in 2012. SmartAuction is a unit of Ally Financial Inc.
About Ally Financial Inc.
Ally Financial Inc. is a leading automotive financial services company powered by a top direct banking franchise. Ally's automotive services business offers a full suite of financing products and services, including new and used vehicle inventory and consumer financing, leasing, inventory insurance, commercial loans and vehicle remarketing services. Ally Bank, the company's direct banking subsidiary and member FDIC, offers an array of deposit products, including certificates of deposit, savings accounts, money market accounts, IRA deposit products and interest checking. Ally's Commercial Finance unit provides financing to middle-market companies across a broad range of industries.
With approximately $166.2 billion in assets as of March 31, 2013, Ally operates as a bank holding company. For more information, visit the Ally media site at http://media.ally.com or follow Ally on Twitter: @Ally.